Friday, July 14, 2006

should this be " "?

In case you can't quite catch the title, it means to say, should titles be empty?

Yesterday we went to sph to interview ms lewis, editor of stomp, and she kindly introduced us to 2 former teachers to help us on our project on how blogging affects students english.

Anyway, one of the teacher raise the point that during his teaching days, he viewed his students blogs but found them uninteresting, because they were mostly random stuff without a central topic. So it set me thinking.

What's the purpose behind a blog?

I suppose if you use it as an online diary (spawning host names like diaryland) then it being random is not only alright, but to be expected. I mean, u talk to your diary at times, don't you, dear diary? After all when u recall thoughts of the day then our thoughts will flow (maybe 'jump' is a more appropriate word) and stuff that comes out will appear random.

Our maybe blogs are a collection of entries on our thoughts of specific issues. Which, i think, is the path Stomp bloggers are taking in the sense that they are, after all, given weekly topics to write on. Yeah.

I prefer randoming actually because after all my blog is just another of my 'outlet' so yeah, just vent. But then again, since i like to read my own blog (narcisstic? hell yeah) probably i can spilt my writing into different entries on the same day. Like, sometimes i find my own entries messy as well heh.

Of cuz, its ITS A FREE WORLD!!!! So either is fine =)

But hey, if you want your teacher reading, and enjoying, your blog, then maybe topical entries are the way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home