Monday, July 10, 2006

and oh-so-much poorer

Geez i lost my bet. What goes around comes around i guess. So right now my betting for wc is broken even. Win nothing, lose nothing =)

Nothing to comment abt zidane's headbutt. I just don't know what to say, its inexplicable.

Alright, some random musings. I lay down to think about how to write "The Day that changed my life". Not that i got any ideas, but i let my mind flow freely, here and there and everywhere, and so here's the random musings:

-Health's oh so impt: My hacking cough makes it so hard for me to talk. Not that i'm the kind who like to yak yak yak, but if u wanna organise stuff u really need to talk. And feeling lousy IS lousy. And geez i can't miss sch, sch's so, so, so, tight, i dun want to miss a day and come back scrambling to keep up and have sleepless nights yet again.

-I must watch myself: Two wks ago during the interview, when i called the interviewee who was on his way out to get the new guy in, mrs ong commented that it was rather rude. No lah she meant no harm, since she was laughing while saying it. But really maybe after getting used to assigning tasks i'm neglecting my Ps and Qs. Time to go for Courtesy Campaigning again!

-What you don't know about yourself: I've looked at the comments BM put at the video, as well as the comments readers left. And of course, i've looked at the video itself. My touching of my nose,i've already talked abt it, bad habit to be gotten rid off! And BM calling us 'shy boys'. Hmmm. I never knew i came across as that. Not within this past year at least, i believed i've grown more outgoing in the past year. As for the reader's comments... well it provides an insight into how others view ri ppl. Nothing new under the sun of cuz, but viewing them after watching a video with us inside just brings their comments into my head in a stronger manner.

-Future of SG: During chinese tuition we were discussing the essay topic about a newspaper report of scholarship winners opting to go china's universities rather than european ones. And teacher was saying, go china then when the west and china collaborate, we can work as middlemen. Oh my gosh. If this is going to be our niche area, then i'm rather worried. After all, we're not the only ppl capable of billingualism you know. The Chinese can easily pick up english(some better than us even), and the west is also picking up chinese. Not that i'll rule out studying in a China university. But not with the goal of being middleman, because i think in the long term, its not a role that'll be sustainable. But what other alternatives do we have? I wonder.

-If you don't like philo, say it like this: "it makes me feel stupidier than i already am." hahaha. oh my, as philo rep and enthusiast for the past 2 or 3 yrs i've encountered many ppl who pour cold water on it. For example, Q: Why are you spamming the 'introduce yourself section of my philo forum but not posting anywhere else?' A: Aiyah, becuz philo is boring.--> leaves me wishing they weren't here in the first place.Ditto for those who say 'teacher pick index no. one'. But with a reply like "it makes me feel stupidier than i already am.", haha thats an interesting reply, certainly not from someone stupid =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home