Saturday, June 17, 2006

Out.

awww. And i'm out of xiong yupei cup cuz i was late, so i was given a BYE, meaning i only get 0.5 pts. A win is anywhere from 1-4 points i think, depending on what macmahon system ur using. But either way it probably means if i want to get another of that crown besides my nick i'll need to win like all the remaining 6 of my games... which is not impossible, but i think i'd rather work on up-ing my rank.

Although playing in tourney is good for ur strength since as fernando aguilar the argentine who beat 9ps before said, it ensures that ur opponent will play at his/her best. But its alright lah. Get to dan level first then say =p

My first game was exhilarating though. Started well, lost my corner in a dui sha(meaning either i die or he die) then used the influence to madly attack. Ended up he played one strange move(blunder!) and one 'pass' equivalent move later on and ikilled his huge group. THen he lost by time while trying to rescue it. Very fun, yes. I think determination is at the bottom of it all. Dogged persistence. Cuz you never know what mistakes your opponent could make.

But still,

I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home