Tuesday, June 05, 2007

taking stock

why am i blogging so late when i decided i need to sleep early for tmrw?

cuz i decided not to wake up early and rush lit and waste mrs P's time marking an essay which i'm wholly unprepared for. And had had plenty of time to do so.

In a nutshell, my holi's been good for everything but work.

Ok, not perfect in others. Didn't actually do any plyo workouts as planned, and only got JC Performance prize (read:13th-15th) in Lanke. But at least i kept to my gym workouts and finished them with tabata, did my runs and trained floorball till 12am in the dark, lonely dressing room of my hall's function hall last wed nite. ooo that was memorable..And yeah, i finally made the team. Weiqi wise i actually felt i played well at Lanke, though no memorable wins before i take a break, but the quality of my games were satisfactory in my eyes. My middlegame needs to be worked on, i know, i'll tackle it after my break.

Yes i'm taking a break from weiqi to concentrate on floorball and studies. Neither looks particularly promising.

Havent actually practised fball on my own after making the team. Now that chenz gone, seem to have lost a fren in the team. Jill's talk abt team as family is in the right direction, but as a team it'll take time before we can arrive at that destination. And the desire to excel, i must find that again. can't only hardcore when the threat of getting cut stares me in the eye. No, must push myself nonetheless. I'm not here to make up the numbers. I'm here to play and contribute. Be Wonderful and Worthwhile!

Studies... haiz i planned to do this lit essay LAST FRI!!! then push to monday. then tuesday. Song ci vcd is too thrilling for my own good. I love all these detective-type story, nvm that song ci is actually a forensic scientist of ancient times. Its all this deductive work, i'm seduced by 'em. No wonder i was such a fan of sir arthur conan doyle in the past. One day i must plunge into the complete collections of his work! (See see any talk of work inevitable drifts off to another topic!!)

oh i must mention i really enjoyed the interaction with my juniors at lanke. Its just so nice to see weiqi's still going on strong there, thx viet patrick phb ernest alan yiheng jiehao etc etc... yeah yeah. It reminds me of good times and the better me. The me i won't say i'm seeking, its the me that must simply stop hiding behind exciting vcds and thrilling little nothings and come out and tackle challenges. the attitude that yanjie displayed when i chatted with him for a short while that day. yeah. That go-getting, problem-solving spirit.

Of cuz this is cheap cheap talk. THe challenge is thurs night and friday. What 'd i do. Hide behind songci? or face the workload, and DARE TO DREAM OF THE As I SHOULD BE GETTING. AND CAN GET. GO GET IT, GO GETTER!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home