Sunday, August 20, 2006

Even the gods can't help.

What's more to say?

我已尽力了。但也不过如此。

Fate was on our side. I can feel it. First they change the time rules that's advantageous to long thinkers like myself. Then sionghwai etc didn't come. Then xiao mo loses his first game by forfeit cuz he was late. Then i get to face off with xunkang today in round 4, effectually the finals. If i win it, not only 'd i get individual champ, the team trophy's pretty much assured as well. Then all the way up to the last round, xunkang and xiao mo , both from hci ,get paired with each other. We just had to win our own games, and we're champ. Then we still lost 1 more game, by
half point.

So many chances, and we blew them all?

And there won't be a next one.
I know what i should be saying. I should be positive. I should say tmrw i'll begin training, and next yr in RJ we'll win. But no, i'll be lying. Oh come on, if we get 4th next yr, it'd already be an achievement. What abt individual comps? There're plenty around! Qiuping lost to sionghwai and Jin still 说得过去。But now...haiz. If i can't win xunkang, do i stand any chance against the rest? No, no, this is IT.
The End. Game Over. 与冠军无缘
I played with hunger. And i still want to be a winner. I hate 2nd, 3rd, 4th, whatever. I want champ.
But i've bungled it. This opportunity's wasted. Gone with the wind. The train's left.
So tmrw i must salvaged my sch results. So many sec4s concentrating on their work and putting weiqi on hold, i must do that too. Studies. Yes. no more 300-ppl-ahead-of-me bullshit.
Oh and today i planned to do smth else as well, but since i played terribly i wasnt in much of the mood to do so. Besides, its probably not a good idea. Unlike my championship, there's plenty of opportunities for this in the future.
For now, its my studies.
Stay hungry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home