Wednesday, November 01, 2006

when plenty isn't a blessing

Today was Research day.

Meaning, doing research for my new workout plan this holi. I even took 'leave' for it (no, not pon)

And i realised how many issues of Men's Health I bought.

Anyway, my main goals by the end of this nov dec is to:
1)Run 2.4km in less than 10min
2)Slash body fat % from the 20+% (i think its my osim machine that's spoilt, but..) to 12%(minimum for revealing abs, heh =D )

So i thought the commonsense thing to do is circuits whereby u do large reps and u do exercises that work different part of ur body in your supersets. But i took a long time thinking abt this cuz....... despite what i was telling myself, i know intuitively that i didn't just want to burn fat, i wanted to grow more as well. And besides all those stuff abt 'packing it all into 1 wk' (i.e train for strength and endurance in the same week, alternating btwn the 2) is pretty well ingrained in me so i decided, leave the fat-burning to swimming!!!! Its not as if if i do the workout i just planned i won't burn fats. I still will, just not as much but who cares i'll swim the calories away and my diet has always been sensible.


Looking at my workout plan i'm feeling really satisfied cuz it pretty much takes care of everything....... but then i look at it again and gosh, HOW MUCH TIME WILL I HAVE TO SPEND ON EACH SESSION?

No idea, i'll find out tmrw and maybe make adjustments cuz i've got many other goals for this holi as well.

Oh yes and i have another resolution: 10hours /sleep per nite!!! Thx in part to chenz who pointed out that ppl who sleep less tend to be shorter and i think it makes sense that the body grows when one sleeps. Ok lah its kinda late to make up for the lack of slp in the past but we'll see how things go the next 2 months.

Hope for the best :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home