Thursday, October 26, 2006

Wrong, no, shut up

Its kind of silly blogging abt this when i'm actually more bothered abt other things, but my sis laptop's gonna cost $1300 to repair, to which my mum said she'd just get her a new one. heh. 2 months ago i was saying, trade in the old thing and get smth new at the NTU fair (its significantly cheaper, we're talking about thousands here) and my dad was saying if its slightly spoiled pass on to him he'll use it but i said no it cannot be used if it can't even get electricity from the mains but no he won't listen and he'll even threaten my own laptop so i dun fight against my own interests so i shut up. Its been months and i wonder why i still remember it clearly but oh well the one losing $ is him so oh well.

Feeling pretty down over today and its not the marks. Physics got 34/50 with plenty of careless mistakes but i thought it was fine for a day's work (i planned a month ahead, but only studied the day before, procrastinating as well as doing chem instead. which 'll prolly screw up even more).

English was 19/30 but then looking at HZ's paper i realised my work really wasn't balanced enough. And kaibin's flair was really outstanding and xiayi's depth of thought was really impressive so no arguments here, i was pwn pretty bad. The difference here, as opposed to my normal essays, is that the marker wrote down many comments and i now understand, my english has deteriorated. But still, 输得心服口服。 Kong of cuz gave his usual talk but it wasn't very much to me personally. Not sure why, perhaps cuz he doesn't even know my name, or maybe his performance over the year was n ot particularly impressive to me personally. Respect as a teacher, yes, i'm a good student i give basic respect to all teachers. But not the kind of, 'i'm really wowed by u -type".

SS not much to talk abt it, the docu doomed everything so my ct efforts are futile. Then it was mother tongue and thanks to his clip which refuses to work on his laptop we had 45min or so of chit chatting with tph and got to know more of his personal history and really really i want more chinese lessons. Its such a shame that we only had his lesson for 1 short year. But i'm glad that whilst i have no autographs or photos or whatever to take away from this year of hcl lessons, my ws are full of scribbled notes taken from lessons, scribbled with wisdom of this one tough 46 yr old. Chinese is a beautiful subject, becuase within many phrases of chinese contain small little philosophies of their own. And there're so many wise sayings and quotable quotes as well, definitely not inferior to english. Just a shame my standard's so poor.做人,要给别人留有余不尽地步。 oh and last time he quoted maozedong, 一万年太久,只争朝夕。

真是至理名言。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home